Friday 30 October 2015

Unit 1 Original idea/Material used/type of production

I have been asked to come up with a storyline/plot that I will be using for my production which will later will be contributed to a whole group production. Doing this will help me learn about the pre-production process to a near professional standard.


I have constructed an idea of having my main genre to be horror as it's the easiest. We all know how to scare people. The main idea is having a little girl finding a bush and being the stereotypical gullible 8 year old she walks into the bush and hears a piano playing which was at a jolly tempo. She follows the piano and as she walks a man follows her trying to kidnap her. The little girl gets to a worn-out brown shed and as she enters the man (can't see his face) also enters and then there's a muffle scream which depicts that he has caught her and she has learnt her lesson from that very moment. I've also decided to keep it open-ended this is because after research of what genre to use I have noticed that most horror movies are open- ended just to keep the audience wondering what actually happens next which is a good thing when producing as it tells you that the audience is interested and engaged.


As I'm going to be using a single camera it might be difficult to show the little girls every expression on her journey to the shed as single cameras don't allow much angles to be taken into consideration unless you film with the camera from different angles. This is time consuming and might not seem realistic to audiences as the time intervals of certain shots might not go together. However, having one camera means it's easier to film in a "woody" sort of location (portable) and also it will allow me to film a tracking shot of the girls journey to the shed whilst moving the camera briskly so the audience can feel like something is about to happen, basically anticipation.


An example of a film that brought about this idea for me is "The Cabin In the wood"(I've added a trailer of the film below). This film was an inspiration for my film because it's also about gullible/fun/adventurous youths going to have fun in a cabin in the middle of the woods. They thought everything was going to be fine until weird and scary stuff started happening such as seeing a different reflection in the mirror or unexpected gruesome killings.

No comments:

Post a Comment